No equipment needed
1. Set a timer (that’s not too loud) for 5-6 minutes.
2. Find a comfortable seat – either cross-legged on the floor or on a chair with both feet touching the ground. Let your hands rest on your thighs or crossed in your lap.
3. Take a minute to deepen your inhalations and exhalations and to just “warm up” your breath.
4. Then inhale completely, feeling your belly, diaphragm, and ribs expand, then exhale completely.
5. Now inhale one third of your breath. Pause. inhale two-thirds. Pause. inhale completely. Then exhale for a slow count of 5.
6. Repeat this cycle until your timer rings.